All ILL requests must be placed through ILLiad. To use ILLiad you will need to create an account. Please complete the quick, one time registration by clicking on "First Time Users" below.
- Check the library catalog before submitting; materials owned by SCAD cannot be requested through Interlibrary Loan
- There is no charge for Interlibrary Loan unless the cost to obtain an item exceeds $20
- Plan ahead; it may take two to four weeks for requested materials to arrive
- Current textbooks cannot be requested through Interlibrary Loan
- Materials may not be requested on behalf of others
- Materials may not be placed on course reserves
Interlibrary Loan office hours: Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
For more information about Interlibrary Loan, please see our Interlibrary Loan Guide.
Warning Concerning Copyright Restrictions
- The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials.
- Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research". If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use", that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
- This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.